Friday, April 16, 2010

Icey Hot, BenGay, Ibuprofin, OH MY!

I sit here writing this wearing 3 Icey Hot patches, smelling of damn BenGay, and wishing my ibuprofin was Vicodin. Seriously, soccer is kicking my ass! My body is saying "helllllltotheno" but there hasn't been subs, so I've been playing the whole game. I am so out of shape and it isn't funny. I am trying my hardest to keep up and train, hopefully by the end of the season I will be getting somewhere. I need to go buy a ball so I can practice this weekend. "Practice, practice, practice," my dad always says. I am all about instant gratification and I want to be excellent NOW.

Today is my rest day but I might go for a leisurely walk to keep this lactic acid moving. I am drinking lots of water so that I don't retain too much. I am supposed to run 6 miles tomorrow, and I am not sure I can do it in this condition. I might do 2mi tomorrow, walk the 6 (training walk!) on Sunday, and do my long run Monday. Hopefully, I don't get another damned blister. Speaking of training walk, I have my official meeting on Tuesday so I can be an official Training Walk Leader this year! We are having a team meeting on Sunday after said walk to go over our fundraising plans.

NEXT MONTH: Hot Yoga of Mill Creek is going to hold a free class in which you can choose to donate to our team. I am excited. There are 40 people, so if everyone gave 10 bucks that would be $100 for each person on our team! How exciting! I am also going to call PC's this weekend to see if they will hold an event. We are also planning a garage sale for May or June. I am excited that everything is really kicking off.

Training started last week, and it is 24 weeks. I am in pretty good walking shape and have that 12K in 2 weeks (http://www.bloomsdayrun.com/) so I am not doing too much walking until after May 2nd. I am trying to get it in here and there, because I KNOW walking is much different than running. I need to make sure I get my tootsies used to it. Oi. Anywho, that's it for now!

T

1 comment:

  1. Ahh soccer!! I haven't played it in SO long but I loooooove it. Sounds like you've got a lot going on!

    ReplyDelete